Krazy K’s Ginger snaps
My friend Katherine (who is crazy) makes some amazing ginger snaps and I asked her to make them again so I could share the recipe because they were that good. She received the recipe from a friend.
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/3 cup white sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, molasses and egg.
2, Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the molasses mixture.
3. Knead and roll dough into a giant turd (this is Katherine’s added instruction)
4. Roll dough into 1 1/4 in. balls and then roll each ball in the white sugar before placing them 2 in. apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven, or until firm. cool on wire racks.
6. Let your crazy friend serve you delicious cookies.
This is something my parents always did when I was a kid and apparently this is not common knowledge since people think i’m crazy when I do it.
Enjoy your ginger snaps, they’re delicious!
KiraMarch 22, 2013
These look good! We used to make some cookies that were very similar (I can’t remember the exact recipe off the top of my head, but we did the same thing where we rolled them in sugar. We did the bread thing too, so either you’re not crazy or my family is as well!
amberZonMarch 27, 2013
Thanks Kira! Glad I’m not the only odd ball out there putting bread in cookie containers.